- Mole CricketsMole crickets are a major pest of turf in the southeast.
- Greenbug AphidsSimilar to the chinchbug, greenbugs pierce leaf tissue, suck out the sap and inject salivary fluids, causing surrounding tissue to die.
- MitesMites feed on grass by sucking fluids out of the plant causing the grass to thin.
- Chinch BugsAdult chinch bugs are about one-quarter inch long with white wings folded over its black body.
- ArmywormsThe common armyworm has two brown stripes on the head. They feed at night, hiding in the thatch during the day.
- CutwormsCutworms are the larvae of large, hairy, nocturnally-flying moths.
- Sod WebwormsSpotty, brown damaged areas where grass is easily pulled up above the soil and birds feeding are two signs of the sod webworms.
- Fire AntsFire ants establish colonies with honeycomb mounds which contain queens and up to have-a-million worker ants.